The CougarCard: Your Passport to WSU
As your official University ID, the CougarCard is your passport to life at WSU. WSU students, faculty and staff use their CougarCard over 10 million times each year.
You'll need it for:
- General university identification
- Library privileges
- Resident Meal Plan purchases
- Cougar CASH purchases, at on-campus locations and at Pullman merchants near campus
- Student Recreation Center access and rentals
- Riding the Pullman Transit buses
- Access to athletic events for students who purchased a sports pass
- Access to selected residence halls, campus offices, and buildings
- Convenient: Forget about carrying cash, checks or additional credit cards.
- Fast: With exact change every time, the CougarCard is even faster than cash!
- Safe: Is your CougarCard Lost or Stolen? No problem! No problem! Deactivate your CougarCard online or notify the CougarCard Center and we'll deactivate your card for you.
- WSU Spirit: Your CougarCard shows off the Washington State name with pride.
Upgrade to CougarCard Maxx:
- Upgrade your CougarCard to a CougarCard Maxx by linking your CougarCard to a U.S. Bank checking account
- Use your CougarCard Maxx for ATM transactions and debit card purchases anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted worldwide
As a form of payment, you'll use your CougarCard to access Cougar CASH to buy a cup of coffee at a campus espresso bar, or an ice cream cone at Ferdinand’s. Residence hall students will use their CougarCards daily to make purchases using their Resident Meal Plan Dining Dollars to purchase meals, snacks and supplies in the WSU Dining Services Cafés, espresso bars and markets.
The CougarCard can be used at Pullman merchant locations near campus to purchase meals, snacks and even gas using Cougar CASH. You can also use Cougar CASH to pay for textbooks and school supplies at the Bookie. Be sure to check out the various locations that accept Cougar CASH.
I've lost my card, what do I do?
You are responsible for immediately deactivating your lost or stolen card online or by contacting the CougarCard Center at 509-335-CARD (2273) during business hours Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. A $15 charge is assessed for the replacement of a lost or stolen CougarCard. Previously lost CougarCards may be turned in for a $3.00 discount.
If your CougarCard has been activated as your U.S. Bank ATM/debit card, you must also notify U.S. Bank immediately at usbank.com or by phone at 800-872-2657 if your card has been lost or stolen.