Alive! Orientation @ Washington State University
Alive! is an action-packed three day orientation program offered during the summer months and designed to prepare you for the start of classes in the fall.
Whether you're a freshman, transfer student, or parent, you'll find things to interest and excite you.
I've visited the campus before, but after attending the Alive! program, I really felt comfortable about making the transition to college. I know where to go, who to talk to, and what I want to do; I'm excited to get started this fall!"
When you attend the Alive! orientation program, you can expect to:
- Meet with advisors and other campus leaders.
- Create your schedule and register for fall semester classes.
- Learn how you can customize your education and open up future career opportunities with our 245 fields of study.
- Tour campus and join special workshops to get an inside look at life at a world-class university.
- Explore the exciting social and recreational activities that await you.
This section is an introduction to your student’s identification card, the CougarCard, and discusses how you pay for services such as Housing, Dining and other services at Washington State University and in the surrounding Pullman community.
What is the CougarCard? The CougarCard is the only card your student needs at Washington State University. The CougarCard is your students’ passport to a variety of services on and off campus.
Your student will access both their Residence Dining Account (RDA) and their Cougar CASH account with their CougarCard. Cougar CASH is a debit account, not a credit account. Cougar CASH is accepted at many locations on campus and businesses in the Pullman community.