If you are a new student and do not have a CougarCard:
Please upload a recent passport-style photo of yourself for use on your Washington State University CougarCard, if you are a new student and do not have a CougarCard.
We also require an image of one of your current photo IDs for identity verification purposes. The Photo ID image that you submit will be destroyed as soon as we have approved and verified the photo of yourself that you submitted.
Your photo will not be approved until you have also provided valid identification.
What are the requirements for a passport-style image?
The photo you submit must be a color photo 2 x 2 inches (51mm x 51mm) scanned at least 300dpi, or a color jpeg image at least 600 x 600 pixels in size.
- Use a solid neutral colored background.
- Image of face and shoulders facing forward. Do NOT zoom in on the face. Leave space around the sides of your face and the top of your head.
- A clear image in color without any added filters, effects, or clipart.
- Eyes open and visible.
- Wear prescription glasses if you normally do so.
- Use good lighting. No filter or overexposed photos.
- A clear, unobstructed, front view of the full head and shoulders. No hands can be touching the face or in the image.
- Photo of the student alone in normal street attire with no hats, sunglasses, hand symbols, or pets in photo.
- Recent (less than 6 months old).
What are acceptable photo IDs?
- Acceptable photo IDs are
- A United States federal ID such as a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) credential or military ID.
- A United States state- or protectorate-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license.
- Or the passport data page (face or photo page) of your current passport.
About the CougarCard
The CougarCard is the only card you need at Washington State University. It is your passport to a variety of services on and off campus.
You will access both your Resident Meal Plan and your Cougar CASH account with your CougarCard. Cougar CASH is a debit account, not a credit account; and it is accepted at many locations on campus and businesses in the Pullman community.
About the CougarCard MAXX
CougarCard partners with U.S. Bank to provide the CougarCard MAXX Visa Debit card