Workday Payroll Guide: Sign up for Voluntary Deductions
This Reference Guide provides information on how to si gn up, edit, or delete (end) a voluntary deduction in the Workday system.
Note: The only deductions available to sign up for voluntary deductions at this time are CougarCash and the Graduate Fee deduction.
Steps to Sign up for Voluntary Deductions
Execute the following steps to sign up for voluntary deductions in the Workday system:
- Log in to the Workday system.
- Select the Pay application on the Home page.
3. In the View/Update Elections section, select the Voluntary Deductions option.
4. On the Voluntary Deductions page, select the Add button to sign up for new voluntary deductions.
5. In the Add Voluntary Deductions select, select the voluntary deduction to sign up for in the Deduction field.
6. Complete the required fields including Frequency, Start Date, End Date, Type and Value.
7. Select the OK button.
Note: End Date is optional for an ongoing voluntary deduction. If End Date is populated, then that is the last period for which the deduction will be taken.
8. Review the voluntary deduction information you entered.
9. Select the Done button.